Sunday, September 24, 2017

Whirlwind

Life is flying by in a blur.

I had no idea that having children would make the hands on a clock spin like my ceiling fan on high!

There is always too much laundry, never enough hours in the day and as soon as I finish making one meal it's time to start prepping for another.

Most of the time I don't really mind. Honestly, I'm pretty much a procrastinator when it comes to cleaning the house so if time runs out and I haven't had a chance to dust the funiture or scrub the toilets I'm not overly concerned.

The laundry however is my nemesis.

Seriously...Does the crap breed in the dark on the floor in the basement?

Even with the best intentions, I can never seem to get it washed dried and folded fast enough and most times it makes it as far as the "laundry chair" in the family room. David's clothes are on the left arm, Daniel's clothes are on the right arm, their dad and I share the top of the back of the chair and pajamas and underwear are on the end table.

This has been the way I've done it since the kids were born.

Why screw with a good thing, right?

If you are here visiting and the chair is cleaned off it just means that I was expecting you.

My previous babysitter stopped over with her mom one afternoon and, noticing that the "laundry chair" was indeed living up to it's name, stated that she'd never see the chair without clothes on it.

Her mother gasped...I laughed.

It was true!

There are things in life that are more important than whether or not the laundry is put away.

Homeschooling my kids this year would be one of them.


If I could afford it, the kids would be in preschool. Unfortunately, I can't, so they aren't.

After doing some research, which thanks to Google is crazy easy, I decided that homeschooling for preschool won't be terribly hard so I'm trying.

David's Solar System
David is totally into it. He loves learning. He is my type "A"  kid who loves to figure stuff out and will choose to watch educational shows on his Kindle Junior. He knows names of dinosaurs that I can neither pronounce nor even knew about when I was a kid and recently grasped the concept that the sun is the center of the Solar System.

X is for x-ray
Daniel on the other hand loves to sound out the letters to make words but hates to do his writing exercises so much that he discovered that writing Dan is faster than Daniel so all of his stuff has Dan on it now. 

"Dan" isn't the best at following directions and tends to be a "color wherever the heck he wants to rather than inside the lines" kind of kid. However, he loves numbers and is going to be an amazing mathematician.

Well, as soon as he figures out that "eleventeen" is not actually a number. 

Our days are crazy, stressful, happy, frustrating and in general just a bit of a whirlwind. My house is not spotless, but my kids are happy and smart.

There will be plenty of time when the kids are older, and don't want anything to do with me, to clean the house.

These years will be over before I know it and life will take on a different level of crazy. Being present with my kids is so much more important than whether or not the toilets are clean.


Besides, I can dust tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment